Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Biking in heels

This morning I told my kids a story about biking home from work yesterday. They were enthralled, hanging on my every word. (They love it when I tell stories.)

At the end of the story, Tyrone raised his hand.

"Yes, Tyrone?" I said.

"Ms. Swamp," he asked, eyeing my dress-up shoes suspiciously. (It was Curriculum Night tonight so I was more dressed up than usual.) "Do you ride your bike in your heels?"

He has such an ability to get down to what is really important.

2 comments:

  1. Well? Do you ride your bike in your heels?

    Important questions, these. :)


    Also, I remember what you used to wear when you rode your bike to school, but things do change...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, always the teacher. So when he asked, I of course responded with a question: "What do you think? Do you think I ride my bike in heels?" They all figured out quickly that I wear different shoes the days I bike. :)

    ReplyDelete