Monday, March 16, 2009

Skiing

After February vacation, I showed my students a slideshow of my backpacking / cross-country ski trip across Baxter State Park, with my dad and two friends. It was full of pictures like this, of us skiing across frozen ponds. (I carefully removed the picture with the bottle of whiskey in it before sharing the photos.)


This is the letter I got today from my student Ivan. Ivan is the epitome of wide-eyed wonder and enthusiasm for nearly everything, including all kinds of learning and everything related to the outdoors.

Dear Ms. Swamp,

Was it really fun skiing? Did you go with your friends? How did you ski over the pond? Don't you meen ice skate over the pond?

Love,
Ivan

Such diplomacy in pointing out what he thinks is a mistake on my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment